What We Offer
The Bren Project offers supported employment opportunities, in a wide range of
working environments, to people with learning disabilities.
All beneficiaries are provided with one to one Job Coach support in a vocational area of their choice.
Our trained Job Coaches are carefully matched to the needs of each individual beneficiary.
Their aim is to build supportive relationships that make for a comfortable and successful work placement.
Work placements are generally one day per week over a period of approximately 8 weeks.
The role of the Job Coach includes:
- Liaising with the beneficiary and employer
- Learning the role which the beneficiary is due to undertake during the placement
- Supporting and encouraging the beneficiary at work
- Assisting with travel arrangements to the placement
- Assisting with other incidental issues relating to the work placement
Following a supported work placement our beneficiaries often move on to:
- An offer of paid part-time employment
- Volunteer work
- Further training or education
- A further placement
Read more about our support model ...